Thursday, June 5, 2008

New Camera and I'm a little Snap Happy!

Yay I got a new camera! I have always wanted to have a really nice camera as long as I can remember. My dad has a really nice one that he actually used to use when he was the old fashioned photographer at Rock n R Ranch way back in the day. He even made me sit through one of his photography classes he taught. Not that I really learned a lot from his class oops I fell asleep (sorry dad) I came out of it with a love of photography and beautiful pictures. So I finally mustered up enough money (and the courage to spend that money) It's really funny how I have a hard time spending money on things. Sometimes Steven has to force me to go shopping because I have needed something for months but I just don't want to take the time or money to get it. You would think being a girl makes spending money come easily. Well some of us (me being some of us) have to work on it!

Now that I have a baby and I am actually getting a few more wedding invitation jobs I have a lot of things I need to take pictures of and the old digital camera wasn't cutting it for me any more. I sought the great wisdom and experience of my friend Kate, who is a professional photographer. She reccomended a few things and we even went to the Zoo one day to play around with her camera. I fell in love all over again and had to get one. I ended up getting a Cannon Rebel XT. I know there are 2 upgraded versions of this camera currently on the market but remember I have a hard time spending money and buying this camera was as much courage as I could muster. So to make a long story short I got it! I am so excited I can't stop playing with it and taking pictures. I have a long way to go learning what looks good but here are some of the shots I got so far I think they are pretty ok. Tell me what you think


My little guy is so cute It doesn't matter what kind of camera you take his picture with it still turns out great!


My little niece Rachel


Say goodbye to my old camera! Bye camera!


I thought this one was cool with his reflection in the hood of the car


Annie is so cute! Watch out though if you get her to pose she has a killer smile where she looks like she is gritting her teeth and she closes her eyes. But personally I think she looks even cuter candid


And of course one more of my sweet little boy This is my favorite so far.

Don't worry there will be plenty more where these came from. I LOVE MY NEW CAMERA!!!!!!

3 comments:

RedFeather said...

Glad you are having fun. They look good! That first photo of Steven is...um..well mind those, you don't want to break the lens! :P

Elizabeth said...

lol, have fun with that camera. Hey, Emily and her fiance are driving into town right now, so let me know what your schedule is tomorrow...I don't remember what day Mindy was leaving for Atlanta, but at the very least Emily (Mary) would love for Steven to meet Ison. Anyways, love the pictures...

Steven and Mindy Raisor said...

Ha Ha Kate You're so funny. I actually posted that picture without his knowledge and someone wasn't to happy with it so I took it down. I'll keep that in mind =)

Followers