Wednesday, January 6, 2010

A day of Firsts

Today was a big day of firsts for both my kids.

Today was Jace's first time going Potty in the acual potty chair. We have been trying unsucessfully for a few weeks now where he will sit on the potty for 2 seconds then get up and pee on the floor (or yesterday it was my bed). Or sometimes he would make a real effort only to go pee once he was in the bathtub. Today was the day I could feel it in my bones. I sat him down and took some warm water from the bath and poured it on his weiner and it WORKED! He peed. It scared him at first so he stopped really quickly but then with a little more warm water he peed again. It was so awesome after so long of trying to finally make some progress. He got a sucker for a reward and we called daddy to tell him all about it. I know it's only the first step but I'm so happy we finally made it.

Nellie's big first today was that she rolled over all by herself. I've been practicing with her for the last few days. I lay her down on her back and then pull her leg over just far enough so she still has to work to roll over and then let her go. After doing that a few times she was on her tummy and just rolled over onto her back. Just like that.. Like it was no problem at all. What a little pro.

And my first today was getting both kids down at exactly the same time so I had 2 1/2 whole hours to myself. It was amazing I got so much done. I was feeling ambitious and did the laundry and painted a wall in our bedroom. Now if only I could get them to do that every day....

No comments:

Followers