Saturday, September 20, 2008

My Handywork

For some reason TV shows really inspire me. I guess if you are going to watch TV it might as well inspire you. So lately my inspiration has come from the Home and Garden Network. Since we have a house to decorate now I needed some ideas and HG TV is the place to get it. One of my favorite shows is called Design on a dime where they take a room and give it a total make over for under $1000. A little more dime than I have but they still give you good inexpensive ideas. One really good Idea they had was to use old furniture and resurface or paint it to make new furniture.

So my first project was our guest room. This should probably be the last room on my list but I found a killer idea and I just couldn't help myself... and it's much easier to redecorate a room when you have a good idea =)

So I found this old desk in our Garage it used to belong to Steven's Grandfather. I liked it so I painted it to match my room see what you think.

Before


After


I am so proud of the way it turned out. I love it now! Infact I love it so much I'm going to use some of my extra paint to do an old bookcase we have to match.

Next step was paint and what's the point of painting if you con't have a little fun =)




The finished wall. Not the finished room I still have a few more touches to do. I did get the bed mostly done I got my awesome pillow from Ross only 12 bucks! I love bargain shopping! I'll keep you posted on the finished product =)

4 comments:

Fun Blogger said...

My wife loves design on a dime! They have some excellent ideas. I just wish she could come up with some other things to occupy my weekends ;)

RedFeather said...

Lime green...I love good colors! I know I have been off the radar for a while...just way busy! I have a couple weeks before wedding season starts- we need to get together! I miss you guys (and I have a couple discs for you).

Dallas and Natalie Turley said...

That color looks familiar:) I love it, great job on the desk!! It turned out awesome, I am quite impressed! How do you like the big spacious house these days??? Exciting???

Unknown said...

Way to go on the decorating & thanks for the tip, now I can paint some of our furniture. Keep up the good work & thanks for the blog pics.

Followers