Monday, August 6, 2007

Baby's first visit to the Doctor

We had our very first baby doctors appointment today and fortunately it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, which isn't saying much because I expected the worst.

Except for the fact that we waited over an hour for our appointment it went rather smoothly. They asked us all kinds of questions about our family history of birth defects and genetic disorders and such and we didn't have to many which was great! We are proud to report that we are both very healthy and come from very healthy families.

After a bunch more questions then the poking and prodding began! Yikes I'll spare you the details! One thing that shocked me was how much of my blood they needed for all their tests! They filled up like 7 different vials of the stuff! Man I didn't know having a baby cost so much blood!

We have another appointment in 4 weeks just for a check up. I'm sad to say that we only get 1 ultrasound at 18 weeks so we won't get to have any cool pictures until then. I guess that 's what you get for being poor! We'll keep everyone posted as the weeks go by we're praying for a boy just in case any one wants to join in! =)

4 comments:

Aimee said...

Yeah, don't count on Ben hoping for a boy! He wants at least one of you to feel his pain.

RedFeather said...

Yay! Any reason on specifically wanting a boy? I don't get it.

Unknown said...

We are so excited for you! Looking forward to adding Baby Raisor to our family.

Brittany Calkins said...

Congrats you guys!!

Followers