Monday, September 21, 2009

Adjusting to life with 2 children

I still can't believe I have 2 kids now. I understand that I had Jace and now Nellie but it just hasn't really sunk in yet that I have CHILDREN plural. I'm sure it will hit me when Nellie starts requiring more attention. She just eats and sleeps and poops right now which is great because I need the time to get used to dividing my attention. Jace is not really handling the transition from only child to big brother very well. Don't get me wrong he absolutely LOVES his little sister its me he is mad at. I've heard its only a phase so here's hoping it gets better before it gets worse.

Funny little tid bit for you. Jace was feeling especially deprived of attention so he decided to help himself to my free arm... the arm I wasn't using while I was trying to feed Nellie. So he climbs up onto the couch and snuggles up against me and the next thing I know I am buried in unconscious children. It was totally cute and so fun to have both my babies snuggled up against me listening to them breathe. I just had to take a picture.

My little Handy ManSo the batteries went out in one of Jace's toys and I asked Steven to replace them. Jace was very interested in the battery replacing process. So interested in fact that when the job was done he didn't want to play with the toy he wanted to be like daddy and fix the batteries again. He cried and cried until Steven let him have the screwdriver so he could fix the toy. It was so cute

4 comments:

Elizabeth said...

How cute!!! Better tell Santa Clause to get him a toolbelt...u got an aspiring handyman on your hands...

Marianne Gappmayer Thayne said...

Mindy that picture is so precious! It will get better and Jace will soon forgive you. The first time she smiles at him his heart will melt and he will be the protective big brother from then on! You look really good!

EmilyLemily said...

That is adorable! Jace needed to snuggle with mommy, too. :)

Katie said...

Such beautiful children! You'll adjust quickly. It won't be long before you have your own little herd and you'll be able to nurse, cook dinner, help with homework, and make calls for Visiting Teaching all at the same time!

Go Mindy!

Followers